Welcome to my home on the web. You may have noted the mountains in the banner are the misty Blue Ridge of North Carolina. Did you know time traveling Highlanders live there? Read about them in the Highland Gardens series. Curious about the big cat? Florida panther~from the Crimson Storm paranormal novel, Sea Panther.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Simple Pleasures



I get such a kick out of going into the backyard and picking a few fresh strawberries. My little strawberry jar planting doesn’t give me bushels, but enough for a few berries with yogurt in the morning.

What is one of your simple pleasures?

Busy day today. I’m visiting Babette James’s blog, talking about Scottish Highland Games and the release of Just Beyond the Garden Gate. Giveaway: $5 Starbucks e-gift card to one lucky commenter.

I’m also at Voices From the Heart with a promo for Just Beyond the Garden Gate.

Hope you have a fabulous day!

~Dawn Marie

4 comments:

  1. A simple pleasure yesterday: spotting a hummingbird at a rhododendron blossom while I was reading on the deck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my simple pleasures is making the rounds in our huge backyard early in the morning with our Yorkie. We get a lot of varmints coming in during the night (raccoons, opossums, skunks) and so I have to check to make sure there are no new escape hatches (breaks in the wooden fence) that our Yorkie could get through. It is so fresh in the mornings and Maggie is so perky and I feel so rested! While out I check our garden for fresh vegies to use that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Janice! That sounds lovely. I have a small garden now, but when I had a larger one, I enjoyed walking about in the morning with a cup of coffee and noting what needed tending during the day.

    ReplyDelete