Welcome to my home on the web. You may have noted the mountains in the banner are the misty Blue Ridge of North Carolina. Did you know time traveling Highlanders live there? Read about them in the Highland Gardens series. Curious about the big cat? Florida panther~from the Crimson Storm paranormal novel, Sea Panther.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Rainbows and Flowers and Parties


Last evening my husband went out to water the garden and called me out to see a rainbow. A romantic moment to share. Priceless.



I promised some pictures from RWA 2013, but realized I didn't take many. These flowers were one of TWO bouquets that arrived at our room for my roommate. Very romantic for a man to send roses to a romance author at a romance conference. Must be a keeper.


There was much to do at RWA® 2013. Workshops, retreats, author signings, parties. One of the highlights for me was the FF&P gathering. Here are the five finalists from the costume contest. Caryn Moya Block (far left) won the bragging rights. On the far right is A.E. Jones, 2013 Golden Heart® winner for paranormal. Congrats, A.E.!


Waiting with Emma Leigh Reed for the 2013 RITA® and Golden Heart awards to begin. Although I didn't win, I'm honored to have been among the finalists.

~Dawn Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment